Top best answers to the question «Who is the first foreigner came to india»
Megasthenes, ambassador of Seleucus Nikator was the first foreign traveller to India. India has witnessed the visit of great foreign envoys like Al-Masudi, Fa-Hien, Hiuen-Tsang, Marco Polo and Abdul Razak, etc.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Who is the first foreigner came to india?» often ask the following questions:
⭐️ Who came first in india?
- Which company came to india first?
- Which language came first in india?
- Which religion came first in india?
⭐️ Who first came to india?
Portuguese explorer Vasco de Gama becomes the first European to reach India via the Atlantic Ocean when he arrives at Calicut on the Malabar Coast. Da Gama sailed from Lisbon, Portugal, in July 1497, rounded the Cape of Good Hope, and anchored at Malindi on the east coast of Africa.
- When did british came to india first?
- Which country came first cambodia or india?
- Which foreign country came to india first?
⭐️ When british first came to india?
When did England colonize India?
- British India. Britain colonized India from 1858 to 1947 and the colony was known as British Raj . The empire consisted of present-day India, Bangladesh , Sri Lanka , and Pakistan.
- Who came first in india mughal or khilji?
- Who is the first british came in india?
- Why did the british first came to india?
1 other answer
St.Thomas (its a guess)
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «Who is the first foreigner came to india?» so you can surely find the answer!Who was the first foreigner to visit india from greece?
- Megasthenes is the very first foreigner to be visited India from Greek. He had worked as ambassador of Selecus I of Syria. He described India in his book Indika, which is now los ted. He first visited into Punjab. There are accounts of Megasthenes having visited Madurai, in Tamil Nadu.
The Correct Answer is Option 3 i.e Spices. The Portuguese came to India in search of Spices. Vasco da Gama of Portugal was the first to discover a sea route from Europe to India in 1948 AD. The first Portuguese factory was established at Calicut, India in 1500 AD.How can a foreigner make payments in india as a foreigner?
- Airtel makes it easy to make payments in India as a foreigner. Luckily, it’s just become easier to make online payments in India as a foreigner. India’s largest mobile provider, Airtel, has just rolled out Airtel Payments Bank, a mobile wallet of sorts.
- The English language came to India in the 17th century with the East India Company. It was formed to conduct trade with India and other countries in the east. Initially the Britishers tried to learn Indian languages to communicate with Indians. They started special colleges for this purpose. They also took the help of the translators. But when their political powers increased, they created the British Indian provinces like Bengal , Madras and Bombay. So the English traders gave more importance...
1996adidas started in India in 1996 as a joint venture with Magnum Trading, with adidas holding 80 per cent stake. Since December 1995 it has been a 100 per cent subsidiary of the parent company. When alberuni came to india?
Alberuni (Abu Rayham Beruni) was a persian scholar who came to India with Mahmud of Ghazni in 1017.When christianity came to india?
It is commonly believed that Christianity came to India with St Thomas as early as 52 CE. He is said to have landed in Kerala and the religion took root there. He then walked across to Mylapore in present day Chennai, spoke of a new God in a new land, and left his footprints on the sands of time.When did name india came?
The name "India" is originally derived from the name of the river Sindhu (Indus River) and has been in use in Greek since Herodotus (5th century BCE). The term appeared in Old English as early the 9th century and reemerged in Modern English in the 17th century.When dominos came in india?
- Jubilant Foodworks started its business under the name Domino’s Pizza India Private Limited in 1995 and opened the first outlet of Domino’s Pizza in 1996. In 2011, Jubilant Foodworks signed a franchise agreement with Dunkin’ Donuts, an American coffee, and donuts chain to open its stores in India, the first of which opened in 2011.
When did the group Exo come to India?
- EXO as a group hasn’t visited India as of yet , but Leader Suho visited Mumbai in 2015 for a variety show ‘Exciting India ‘, which actually led to me being an EXO-L now . Suho did receive a lot of love and letters from Indian fans after they left for Korea .
- Flipkart was founded in October 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, alumni of the IIT, Delhi and former Amazon employees. The company initially focused on online book sales with country-wide shipping. Flipkart slowly grew in prominence and was receiving 100 orders per day by 2008.
Why is Netflix not popular in India?
- Hotstar: The most popular online media streaming platform in India is Hotstar. Hotstar was launched in February 2015.
- Pricing: Netflix is charging almost 2 times than other big players in India. Hotstar offers$3/month for premium shows.
- Piracy: Unfortunately,Netflix is not able to protect the piracy of the content they produce…
Who was the first US President to visit India twice?
- That is why the President is the first to visit India twice while in office. President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Naredra Modi have tea in the garden gazebo at Hyderabad House in New Delhi, India. January 25, 2015. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
- Pager communication successful launched in India in the year 1995. Pagers were looked upon as devices that offered the much-needed mobility in communication, especially for businesses. Motorola was a major player with nearly 80 percent of the market share. The other companies included Mobilink, Pagelink, BPL, Usha Martin telecom and Easy call.
Pizzas entered the Indian food market around the 1980s but it was not until 1996 that some American fast food chains set up shop with their pan pizzas. Till then, pizza, for most Indians, was a bread base topped with tomato ketchup and processed cheese.Where did india came from?
- History of India was started by Indus Valley civilization which is in modern-day Pakistan. The word India itself came from a Sindhu/Indus river which flows through, Pakistan, China and parts of Kashmir. However, the earliest known human remains in South Asia date to 30,000 years ago.
How old was Jesus when he went to India?
- Depending on the source, Jesus either spent 17 years in India before His ministry in Israel, or He spent the remainder of His life after surviving the crucifixion in India and died at the age of 120.
- To purchase property in India you need a residence permit. Foreigner without a residence permit are not permitted to purchase property in India, not even through their own company registered in India or through co-operations with people that qualify to buy property.
(i) All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa, Employment Visa, Missionary Visa and Project Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners ...Ancient travellers who came to india?
Chronicles of travellers who visited ancient India
- Megasthenes. The Greek ambassador had travelled to Kerala in BC 302, during the times of Chandragupta Maurya and was the first to tell the world about such a place…
- Marco Polo…
- Al Biruni…
- Duarte Barbosa…
- Al Samudi…
- Ibn Battuta.